Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Take Up Your Arms Ladies! (and Tom)

Oh. My. Goodness. It's time for us knitters with good sense, and decent taste to finally make a stand against this ridiculous fun fur epidemic. I was finally coming to terms with people making eyelash scarfs, but today.... Today the fun fur made an attack that I was nowhere near prepared for. It came and side swiped me right when I wasn't expecting it. As you may know, JoAnn's has their own brand of yarn called "Sensations" in many differing varieties. Some of it is pretty cool - I have legwarmers I'm working on out of some of it, and Tom has one legwarmer done from a different Sensations yarn. Unfortunately, you've got to know your audience, and thusly, JoAnn's brand of yarn also has a few different eyelash and fur type yarns. I was finally adjusting to that fact. Big Mistake. Today, as I was putting up the yarn from the new shipment, I opened a box to find a new sensations yarn called "Monaco". This yarn is a genetic mutant made up of funfur/eyelash mixed with what they refer to as "eyelet" but unfortunately, it just ends up looking like the muppets shaved their pubic fur, and weaved it in. NOT OKAY. If you're bored, if you want a laugh, or if you'll be in JoAnn's shopping for something far more tasteless, make sure you stop by the yarn section to gawk at this new offender. Really. I'm still wretching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

I always like to wake up with a laugh. Your sensational description (muppets and all) gave it to me this am. thx!

Erica

Wed Feb 22, 07:10:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home