Friday, February 24, 2006

show and tell



okay. so here is the finished blue gift shrug. I don't think i'll block it because it is cotton and will have enough time to expand on it's own. Yarn: Mission Falls Cotton, Needle: US 8, knit from cuff to middle of back, grafted together, i used the magic loop method for the selves to spare the under arm seams.

Ya'll can notice my lovely arse (a la pajamas), sans layer upon layer of cotton dresses. Also, my charming USA hat from the olympics of 2002 and apparently the clear sign that i have been watching far too much ice skating, a la the ballerina-like wing span and hand position. hehe!





Also complete is the pair of Elfine's Socks (thanks Alex) also a gift. I am very pleased with these. I changed the back leg to 2x2 ribbing for more structure after time (i hope). I used a merino wool (with wooly nylon thread for reinforcing the heel and toe) from Textiles A Mano. It was lovely to work with! I used a US 1 needle in the magic loop method and because of the new technique i can now be considered a born-again sock knitter! I have several new ideas pending.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenifer said...

Nice job, on both! I've been thinking incessantly about that shrug since you made it ... I think this will be the year of the Good Bias for me.

Sun Feb 26, 07:05:00 PM MST  
Blogger roseygirl said...

everyone seems to be making socks, I can't wait for my sock class in late march I soooo want to be able to knit socks!

Sun Feb 26, 08:47:00 PM MST  
Blogger nisa said...

I just can't believe how quickly you manage to turn out these lovely, intricate pieces! I'm also looking forward to seeing your next project in action.

Tue Feb 28, 08:02:00 PM MST  

Post a Comment

<< Home