Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ok, I'm just learning how to post to a blog here, be kind...


So if this works, you all will be looking at a crocheted knitting bag I made while I was on vacation this summer. It's mostly commercial yarn (Lamb's Pride) I was using up and you can also see if you look closely, that I even can keep a nice pattern in it if I fold the pattern. Not good for the pattern, but I get knitting results! I've been crocheting since I was ten or so and friends commissioned me to make coy little dresses and handbags for their Barbie and Skipper dolls. When I was a young pretty girl in my early twenties, I enjoyed crocheting lace on fine hooks. I'll dig some out and mom can get a picture of it.

I am pleased to announce that I've finished my sweater!! The darned thing took me over a year what with spinning and knitting and ripping out and re-knitting and running out of yarn and spinning more, etc, etc. I am beyond delighted and may be able to bring myself to wear it in public now and then.
Credit for photography goes to Mom (Sue Boudreau)
Now I hold my breath and see if this posts.... Nisa










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home